When you’re just starting out riding a bike, it seems like you need everything!
Not really. For a new rider, a few essentials like a tool and repair kit, shorts, saddle bag, and a water bottle are enough to get you going. Adding shoes, pedals, computers, and bike racks come as you need them.
1. Park Tool Basic Tool Kit. All the tools you need to get started maintaining your bike.
2. Banjo Brothers Saddle Bag. A small saddle bag holds a spare tube, repair kit, and other essentials for your ride.
3. Fix-It Stick Multi-Tool. The perfect small, functional multi-tool, made in Wisconsin.
4. Park Tool Repair Kit. A simple kit with peel-and-stick patches and two tire levers.
6. Shimano Mountain Touring Shoe. Pedal more efficiently with a stiffer sole and a shoe made for cycling. Together with a clip-in pedal, your pedal stroke will be 360 degrees and allow you to go further and faster with less effort.
7. Shimano Dual-Sided SPD Pedals. Clip in and out easily with the simplest and safest pedals available.
8. Ciussi Water Bottle Cage. Keep your water bottle secure in a classy, light-weight bottle cage.
9. Cateye Urban Wireless Cycling Computer. Track your mileage, distance, and time with a wireless computer.
10. Saris Bones Trunk Rack. We love this rack! It’s probably the most stylish and efficient trunk rack made. And it’s made in the U.S.!